Blog Archive

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Season's Greetings

Hard to believe that 2009 will be coming to a close in just a few weeks! How is everyone doing on their Christmas shopping? I have a bit left to do, but with having moved just a few weeks ago, my budget is a bit slim. So I think that I will try to actually stay at this apartment longer than a year. Quite a challenge for me, but I think I can do it!

So, tonight I rented Julie & Julia from Redbox. On a side note, Redbox is awesome! One dollar (plus tax) and you have a movie for a night. Of course, that requires me to ensure that it is returned the next day. Thankfully, it is right around the corner and I can drop it off on my way to church. Okay, back to Julie & Julia. I love this movie! One, it is enchanting to watch and two, it makes me want to do stuff around the house. In fact, while watching it, I cleaned my kitchen, my bathroom, folded laundry and baked a cake. It was a nice ending to a relaxing day.

This past week at work as been a bit crazy. The executive director purchased three new desks for the office. They are nice, but it required planning of who would get the desks, who would get the old desks and how to dispose of all the extra desks (we are limited on space). So, after four days of chaos as desks were moved, built and reorganized, I now have two old metal desks and a table stacked in the lobby like some weird modern art sculpture. I was one of the lucky recipients of a desk, but alas I was only able to enjoy it for one day. Why you ask? Let me tell you. Last month, we had a case manager give notice and my boss asked if I would like the position. I said yes! So, now I will be carrying a caseload of approximately 16 people and will handle the front office on a more part time basis. I am really excited about this new position. It is a lateral move, but has the potential of something more down the road.

This coming week, I finish Christian Theology and go on Christmas break from school. I am ready for a break too! My ethics class is not nearly as interesting as I hoped it would be. I like learning about laws, but it has been really dry. School is going well overall though. In January, I will start my practicum and will begin counseling and undergrad student and then in the fall, I begin my internship.

Well, that is all the news for now! I will update you on how the first week goes as a case manager.

No comments: