Blog Archive

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Looking Towards the Future

Well, Christmas is now past. Hope everyone enjoyed time with their loved ones! I spent the day at my pastor's home with his wife and family. Before we ate, he had everyone express what they were thankful for. Many said (including myself) that we were thankful family, friends and the safety of home, but a few were most thankful that yesterday was a reminder that God saw us in our pitiful state and incarnated into man to fulfill our greatest need. For many, Christmas is a time of get togethers and presents, maybe even doing charitable work, but the meaning behind Christmas has been pushed aside. Let us not forget there is a reason why Jesus came and why it had to be him to solve this great problem. If we ponder on that for a while, the meaning of Christmas will become much more clear.

So, what will the incoming year of 2010 look like? New adventures in uncharted lands? Probably not, but I have high hopes for the new year.
  • I plan to visit the Oregon coast so that people will no longer suffer pain as their jaws drop when they find out I have never been there.
  • I am going to figure out which schools are the Beavers and the Ducks so I do not accidentally insult a rival school.
  • I am going to attend a Blazers game to see what all the fuss is about. If the whole team does not end up on the injured list anyway (sorry Holly, couldn't resist that one).
  • I am going to watch the Olympics and pretend that yes, even I could be athletic enough to contend (I will then quickly come to my senses and just sit back down on the couch and marvel at other's athleticism).
  • I think a day trip to Seattle is due and enjoy visiting various shops. Who knows, maybe I will go by train!
  • I will of course, be flying home in the summer to see my family and friends!
  • I am going to read at least 15 unread books on my bookshelf. I seem to have a compulsion to buy books at an alarming rate, but never seem to catch up on reading them.
  • I also hope to keep working, being involved with my church, learning more about God's grace and a score of other things which are too lengthy to be listed here.

Now, please understand, these are not resolutions where I plan to do better. Well, the last one is technically a resolution, but it's my blog and I don't like making resolutions so for today, it will not be labelled a resolution.

So do any of you all have big plans for 2010? If so, leave a comment with your thoughts, I not only like to plan things for myself, but also enjoy living vicariously through others!

No comments: