Blog Archive

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Few Fun Things and an Upcoming Trip!

Okay, I promise that I did not forget about this blog! I just had to find some stuff worth posting. So here we go!

Over Memorial Day weekend I flew to Baltimore, MD for the NEXT conference with my friends Holly and Sarah. It was a great time of teaching and catching up with friends from around the country.

At our layover in Houston, we found this crazy kiosk for Proactiv. Of course, that meant photo op!





NEXT!



Holly and I at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore (check it out you can see a ship with Chesapeake on it behind us!)



USS CONSTITUTION


This is a picture of Sarah and I. Now I know I do not look very happy, but please be mindful that in the past four days I had about a total of 15 hours of sleep!


Earlier this month, I went with my co-worker Carrie to a 3k walk at Washington State University, Vancouver. It was a gorgeous day out and you could see Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood, but unfortunately, I have no pictures to post because I forgot my camera (d'oh!).

Then the following week, my friend Holly and I went to the Portland Rose Festival. It was a really fun parade and there was even dragon skull races. Now if you don't know what a dragon skull is, here is a picture:





It is not an actual dragon skull, it is a boat (maybe you knew, that, but when I first heard about them I was a bit confused). I also took a few videos from the parade that I thought I would share:
This video is of a local step team and drum line.


This video is of an all girl marching band that travelled from Taiwan to perform.

Holly and I went to the Saturday Market, which if full of really cool stuff. There are tons of vendors selling, clothes, jewelry, catnip (yes, gourmet catnip no less) and ethnic food. It is nestled right by the Williamette River, so the view there is just beautiful!
So, what is up for me next? Well, in just a few days, I will be boarding a flight headed back to the East Coast to see all my friends and family back in Virginia! I am so exicted to see everyone and share about my time out here.

No comments: