Blog Archive

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Overdue Update

Okay, I have truly been neglecting my blog. This is starting to become a habit. So, since my last post I have done a few things. I went home to see my friends and family in Virginia, successfully enrolled in a graduate program (yes folks, more school) and may be preparing to move.

So, I went home for a week in June. It was great to see everyone though it felt a bit rushed. I hope to take a little more time off for my next vacation so I can spend more than a day with people. So during my trip, I went to the beach for about 10 minutes. I am so not a beach person! I played laser tag with a few kids, watched a baseball game and saw a karate demonstration. What more can a girl ask for? I even had baked flounder, which I can honestly say I truly missed. The weather was nice and not too humid.

I also decided to enroll in graduate school. Well, technically, it is a seminary. I am attending Multnomah University and participating in their Master of Arts in Counseling program. It looks like a really solid program that balances both secular and Christian counseling techniques and it will take two years and two weeks to complete. I assure you though, that after this, I am done with school! Really, I will be done.

So finally, this moving thing. Another single lady in my church is needing to move and we are seriously considering rooming together. We met yesterday and talked about our expectations and concerns. So now we are looking at a few places and seeing where it takes us. There are no guarantees, but we are hopeful that this will work out.

So that is my update for now, what is coming next you ask? Well, I am going camping. In a tent.

Yes, you read that correctly. I am going camping at the end of this month with some people from my church. There may even be marshmallows present. This is a huge undertaking on my part so I can almost promise an extremely funny recounting of my adventure at the end of this month!

No comments: