Blog Archive

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just Another Day

Well, it is a quiet Saturday at my apartment and I thought I would update everyone over the last few weeks. I finally got Washington license plates for my car. It only took two weeks to get the title for my vehicle sent over from Virginia to Washington. So I think I have almost completely converted to West Coast living with a few exceptions. I still (and will always) say "ya'll" and soda is soda, not pop.

At church, we are beginning the new member's class this Sunday and once it is complete I will be an official member of the church (though I have considered myself one since I got here). I am still serving in various ways there and am loving every minute of it.

At work, it has been busy. The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is offering to let a group of our clients' children, a few parents and some staff have an overnight excursion on their submarine and then take a tour of the museum the following day. I am excited to take part, but I don't know how much sleep we will be getting. Kids, submarines and sleepovers is a combination that could be explosive. Stay tuned over the next few months to read about the outcome!

Well that is my update for now. Also, for those ever curious minds...No, I am not dating anyone. I know that you all have been dying to ask and I couldn't bear to keep you in suspense any longer!

No comments: