Blog Archive

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is in the Air!

According to iGoggle, today we were supposed to have thunderstorms. So far, all I have seen is blue skies and spring-like weather. I even opened my windows for a few hours and aired out the apartment.


I hope everyone had a fabulous St. Patty's Day and ate their corned beef and cabbage (not that I would ever eat boiled cabbage). How many of you got pinched because you forgot to wear something green???? I wore a blue-green (sort of shirt) to work and there was some doubt among my co-workers, but I talked a good game and convinced them that indeed I was in compliance with the holiday. Later that night I went out with my friend Holly to see her friend Karen sing. It was fun and afterward we went to a pub for a late night drink (I had a diet coke, I am so daring...).

This past week was actually quite busy considering my normally dull, quiet life (which I really don't mind having most days). I met a few ladies for coffee and we shared about God's faithfulness in our lives and ended conversing in the parking lot for an hour and a half because the coffee shop closed at 8pm. I think the owners need to re-think business hours. The following night I went to Portland State University where a friend read her paper entitled, "Reading Barack Obama". It is regarding his memoir. I am excited for Erin as she has been asked to be part of a panel to present her paper in Chicago this upcoming week. Then last night (Friday) I went to this little dive of a coffee shop to see a co-worker's boyfriend and his band play. The venue was not set up well to really enjoy the music and I think I lost a few more decibels of hearing because of it. But overall, most of the folks from my job came out and we enjoyed hanging out away from the confines of the office.


Today I tried to get my Washington license plates, but my bank would not fax the title of my car. They insisted that it had to be mailed so I get to wait awhile, but at least after 7 months I am making an effort to get in compliance.

Finally, in honor of my friend Sandy's birthday, I have included "The Final Countdown" by Europe on my playlist.

No comments: