Blog Archive

Monday, February 2, 2009

Jeopardy, Taxes and the not so Super Bowl

Well, for those that did not know, I took the online test for Jeopardy last week. There were 50 questions and I knew maybe, maybe 20 of them. Needless to say (but I am going to say it anyway), my chances of getting on Jeopardy are in jeopardy (pun intended).

I am attempting to do my taxes tonight, but TurboTax has decided that I need to wait. Hopefully they will resolve the issues soon so I can figure out my tax return. This money is going towards my trip home in June.

Otherwise not too much is happening out here. Just enjoying the winter weather, working hard and getting to know the folks and area around me. I went to this really neat crepe restaurant in Portland a few weeks ago with some friends and I went to IKEA and got a coffee table! All I need now are some dining room chairs and my furniture will be complete. At church, I get to be part of, I guess it is the sound team (I really don't have a clue). Every couple of weeks, I get to put the lyrics up on the wall for worship. It is so much fun (yes, I know, I am easily entertained)! I also get to be part of setting up the Lord's Table and I have a wonderful, mature woman in the church overseeing me.

I was disappointed with the Super Bowl commercials. Not very funny and I have to say that the Pepsi ones left me confused. The game was alright overall, at least the end was exciting. Now, I admit, prior to the Super Bowl I didn't know there was a football team called the Cardinals, but I wanted them to win.

1 comment:

Ashley Elisabeth said...

about the pepsi commercial...

you'd only get it if you regularly watch SNL. if you do then it is hilarious.