Blog Archive

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the Season...

Okay, I know I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, but life has gotten busy! I am in my very last week of school (hallelujah!) and am actually taking a break at the moment from writing my last paper. 85% of my grade is in and I will definitely get a 'C' or better so I will be graduating with my Masters in Business Administration. All I can say is that this has been a long road and I am looking forward to expanding my hobbies from writing papers and conducting group discussions about whether it is better to be a global corporation or a multi-national corporation. I mean, you can see what wonderful conversation starters these can be at parties, right?

I am gearing up for Christmas, I am going treeless this year, but I do have my stocking that I will be hanging somewhere. I still need to do my Christmas shopping, which should hopefully take place on Saturday. I don't have much on my list so my goal is to spend as little time as possible in the stores. I am participating in Angel Tree this year with my church and I have to find a few things in purple, pink or blue for an 11 year old girl. My pastor and his wife invited me to their home for Christmas day so I will not be spending the day in my pajamas watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" as planned. Being around people is probably better anyway! There are a few things I will miss about not being in Virginia this year.

(1) VBCDC's Christmas party. It is always interesting, especially the gift exchange. Watching people fight for gift cards and lottery tickets is always entertaining!
(2) Christmas Yelling. It is a lot like Christmas caroling, but you ride around in a vehicle and scream Christmas carols at unsuspecting pedestrians. It is a lot of fun, plus you get to look at the Christmas lights. Hope Sandy and the kids have a great time doing it this year.
(3) My friend Tanisha had her baby, Jayden. I won't get to see him until the summer. :0(

The weather channel is forecasting snow for my area on Sunday. I am a bit concerned as I am not terribly familiar with driving in snow or ice. I know, I know, just drive slow, but you guys haven't seen the hill I have to go up and down when heading to work!

Well, that is all I really have to report, but wanted to end with a little video that I think will bring a smile to your faces and get you in the mood for Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

No comments: