Blog Archive

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow....

Hey everyone! Snow has fallen in the Pacific Northwest! Thankfully, it melts every afternoon so I am not buried in the white stuff. I will admit I was really concerned about driving this week, but Vancouver has been great about plowing the roads. I didn't miss any work, though several of our folks live in Portland and apparently they are inudated with snow. I am so happy to be on other side of the Columbia River.

Last week the ladies in my church had a cookie exchange. As we all know, my baking skills are some what lacking plus I do not have a mixer. So instead of torturing everyone with poorly made cookies, I found a great recipe that everyone loved. Here it is:
(1) Get in your car
(2) Drive to the nearest grocery store
(3) Find their bakery department
(4) Select cookies baked by the bakery department
(5) Pay for them (this is important, you don't want to get arrested for shoplifting cookies)
(6) Drive home
(7) Take cookies out of package and arrange on a plate

This recipe will work every time!




Well, I took a few pictures of the snow to show you all:






Finally, here is a quick video, the graininess is actually the snow falling.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I should definitely have my mom try that recipe:)

Lydiajustine said...

haha I had a great time..those cookies were awesome!