Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Updates and Camping...


So, it has been awhile since I updated. I promise that the next installment of my review of Voices will be coming soon, but I thought a fun update was in order. I wanted to post some pictures of a few of the trips I took this summer. I actually traveled to Virginia twice and went camping twice: once at the Southern Oregon coast and one in Cougar, WA.

Now I realize many of you may have had to stop and re-read the previous system. Yes, I actually went camping and no, I didn't die...but it was close. ;-)

So first off, I traveled to Virginia for my dear friend Sandy's wedding!
Sandy & Me

What a lovely bride!

Sandy & Jim
 There was a forecast for rain, but the weather held out and Sandy and Jim had a beautiful beach wedding!

The following month, I traveled to Sunset Bay, OR with my friends Holly and Karen.  It was a great time and that was in part because we camped in a yurt, which is way better than a tent!  I took so many great photos that I cannot post them all so here is a link.  Karen was awesome in the face of adversity and refused to let the Coleman stove get the better of her.  I even started a fire with corn chips!

On a side note, it is interesting that people out here refer to the beach as the coast.  I guess it is because the water is so cold that they don't do much swimming (or course I could be totally wrong!).

Finally, this past weekend I went camping with my church.  In a tent.  It was cold.  I survived.  I also fried enough bacon to feed a small army!  We spent about three days in Cougar, which is fairly close to Mt. St. Helens.  On Sunday, we got to enjoy the outdoors, worship and listen to one of our members deliver a sermon.  So what did this trip look like?  Let me show you!


Susan & Holly enjoying refreshments!
The men doing manly things like chopping wood and starting fires.
Yale Lake
You can see Mt. St. Helen's in the background!
So that is my fun update!  I always enjoy sharing pictures of my little adventures!

2 comments:

Anggi said...

You have been one busy girl!!! Thanks for stretching yourself and coming camping with us! I really appreciate you!!!

Janene said...

What great photos! I am glad you survived the camping trip--it was really fun having you along. (Thanks for the corn chip tip.)