Blog Archive

Monday, September 14, 2009

Camping and Canada

Well, a couple of weeks ago I finally consented to going on a camping trip with my small group from church. In my haste to get up there, I forgot two very important things:
  1. My camera (this means no pictures of this "lovely" time)
  2. My sleeping bag (how one forgets this essential piece of camping equipment is beyond me)

It rained a good portion of the day on Saturday, but by the afternoon it had cleared and the whole lot of us walked over to Alder Lake (east of Tacoma, WA). I have to admit, the lake was just gorgeous and postcard worthy (at that moment, I was really lamenting I had forgotten my camera). When we got back to the campsite, our friend Holly had arrived with Starbucks (because one can only rough it so much). We ate hobo stew and sang around the campfire. Then Holly and I had to adjourn for the night in a tent we borrowed from friends. It was a very small tent. We had room for just us and nothing else. I was quite happy for morning to come! Of course, when morning came, so did the bugs. I got bit by something(s) and ended up having to go to the doctor later that week when my ankle began to swell. Thankfully, I am fine and my foot is still attached. I still do not have a "warm, fuzzy" feeling about camping. So don't expect to see me out there again anytime soon!

The following weekend, my friends, Chris and Erin drove with me to Vancouver, BC, Canada. We had a great time checking out the sites and visiting friends. We were introduced to Tim Hortons, a coffee and donut shop that our friends stated was a must. We enjoyed coffee (I had a caramel latte and Erin had a double-double, not sure what Chris drank) and had Tim Bits (donut holes). We also learned some interesting facts: even though they are on the metric system, Vancouver BC McDonalds have Quarter Pounders and Subway has footlong and six inch subs. I am posting some photos below of our adventure:































No comments: