Blog Archive

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Voices of the True Woman Movement: Overview and Introduction

The book has arrived!

This past weekend I received Voices of the True Woman Movement in the mail. As mentioned in an earlier blog posting, I have the opportunity to review this book for the True Woman Movement. Before I begin though, I thought I should answer some questions that might be floating around in your minds…

1. What this book is about?
This book is a collection of messages that were given at the True Women Movement Conference in 2008. This book will have messages from Nancy Leigh DeMoss, John Piper, Mary Kassian, Joni Eareckson Tada and Janet Parshall. They are calling for women to hold tight to the Word of God and find their purpose and identity in Jesus Christ.

2. Who should read my reviews?
Everyone! If you are a woman, this book is for you. If you are a man, surely you have women in your life (mother, sister, wife, daughter, etc.) that you could share this with. There are no “special secrets” for women’s eyes only that are going to be shared here, just plain biblical truths.

3. How is this going to work?
The book itself is broken down into four parts, two chapters per part plus some additional materials at the end. My intention is to post every two weeks, beginning today and ending the last week in August. I will cover two chapters every post and I hope to include thoughts from other women in my church.

As a side note, I know that not everyone who sees my blog is a Christian or holds to the same views I do regarding biblical womanhood. I hope that you will take time to read these reviews and I encourage open and honest dialogue about any areas you may struggle with.

Now, an introduction to the book!

The book begins by reminding us how we are bombarded by voices. Voices in the media, our families and our churches. Some purpose to degrade us, others to deceive or lead us astray from the truth. We need to listen for THE VOICE who never lies. Once we are able to hear how God desires for us to live, we must spread the word. For we should never keep the truth hidden. Jesus asked the disciples a pointed question,”… do people light a lamp and put it under a basket,[no,] but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house” (Matthew 5:15, ESV). This question almost deserves a “duh” response. Of course you wouldn’t put a lamp under a basket, it defeats the whole purpose! However, we often hide our Christianity from the world in order to assimilate with the culture. It is time to take a stand for the truth.

The overarching scripture reference for this book is

“Who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14, NKJV).

God does not place us haphazardly in this world. We are part of His intricate plan, NOW is the time for us to spread the truth and love of God to others!

I look forward to walking with you through this book!

1 comment:

JasonSix said...

and I look forward to reading your posts.