Blog Archive

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Visit to the National Wildlife Refuge

Today I went with some friends to the National Wildlife Refuge in Ridgefield, WA to enjoy Bird Fest. We got to walk along a few trails led by a guide and we saw a couple of birds, but in a large group in which children make up half, it is not easy to sneak up on a bird. The area was just beautiful though. We even saw some otters playing! Afterwards, my friends and I retired to their home and baked some cookies (chocolate chocolate chip cookies, need I say more).

I am enclosing some photos of my day for you all to enjoy. Another friend from my church is going to lend me some folding chairs until I am able to buy some, so the new apartment photos will be happening later this week.



Above: Entrance to the trails.


Above: Trains on the train tracks.



Above: The river and some local greenery.



Above: Wild blackberries and tomatoes


Above: Ferns and a view of some very tall trees.


Above: Snowberries and a maple leaf.

A large oak tree (probably existed when Lewis & Clark made their journey).


Above: No, these aren't logs, their otters!


Above: This is a replica of a plankhouse, which housed the Chinook Indians. Also, a fur pelt at the entrance.


Above: Native American items


Above: A real bear skin, and a Native American carving


Above: Mountain Lion skin and a carving for the chief of the tribe

1 comment:

Anggi said...

Hey, your pictures look great! Thanks for hanging out with us!